Pages

Monday, January 03, 2005

Up to the Great White North

I got my acceptance for the anthology today, in a nicely emailed acceptance letter in a MSWord file. The publishing house is based in Manitoba, Canada so not real likely I'll see it sitting around at the Borders on 14th Street here in D.C. But it'll be up on Amazon and all the rest of the online places. It'll probably be out sometime in April; I'm sure I'll blog about it again when I get the galleys and again when it comes out.

It's a nice opener for the year. I hope it means I have more good things coming my way. In the meantime, I have a cool ten dollars coming to me as payment. Oh, the ways I could spend that green portrait of Hamilton.

Last night I reworked my nordic horror piece. One complaint from the place that rejected it was the length, so I blended two scenes into one, trimming the story down from eighteen to twelve pages. Still trying to enhance some of the descriptons and bring the character out a bit more, but I'll probably have it ready to send out again by the end of the week.

Excelsior.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Mazel tov! That is a wonderful way to start the new year. May all the writers who run around this site be so blessed in 2005.

-L

LadyLitBlitzin said...

OH MY GOD! That is SO COOL! And you are the first in our ring of writers to get a cool $10 to show for your fiction in 2005! Rock on! I can't wait to hear further details, and what you end up spending the money on! (If you will care to divulge that information, of course.)

Miss L, yes, I need some of that good writing mojo! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hebdomeros said...

Thank you both! Now it's your turn, both of you!