Pages

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Fence Gets Racy

I hadn't gotten the new issue of Fence in the mail yet, so I just checked their website to see when/if it's popping out. If you follow the link, you'll see there's a lot popping out on the cover. Editor Rebecca Wolff jokingly defends the cover in her editorial by citing poor mag sales with previous covers that are more artistic. I'm hoping the issue is a little tongue-in-cheek as well, because sometimes they can get a little dry. I do wonder, though, in this age of growing FCC power and more people so easily offended if some people will refuse to buy the issue because of the "graphic nature" of the cover.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. Nothing wrong with a little T&A along with your art and literature. I just hope it comes to me in a plain brown wrapper instead of the usual clear plastic wrap.

Excelsior.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Italian Film Booed at Venice Festival
Critics at a screening booed one of Italy's big hopes to win the top prize at the Venice Film Festival Tuesday.
Nice blog. I'll come back on occasion to see what happens next.

I'd like to introduce you to my blog. It's brand new and still in the works but I think you'll like it.

I have a software for the human body site.

It's all about software for the human body and related stuff.

Check us out and leave your comments.