Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Return from the land of holidays

I hope everyone who celebrates it had a nice Christmas, and has a happy new year to look forward to.

Mine was more relaxed than in years past. My parents are divorced, which usually sends me bouncing back and forth between two households. This year I spent the 24th with dad, and the 25th with Mom. I spent high school actually dreading Christmas, and I think may now be getting past all of that. About time.

I did get some nice gifts (thank you!). Highbrow stuff like Umberto Eco's new collection of essays and a subscripton to Conjuctions to lowbrow stuff like a 1950's horror movie entitled My Pal the Undertaker. And, of course, a pair of socks from Mom. My friends and loved ones know me well.

So I've got a lot of reading ahead of me, and hopefully some interesting blogs in the future. I've got some thoughts on the Kerouac book I'm reading now, and will probably get those up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Excelsior.

2 comments:

LadyLitBlitzin said...

Glad you had a nice holiday! How is "My Pal the Undertaker," anyway? That sounds hilarious!

Subscription to Conjunctions... can't wait to hear how that is. I've got a back issue -- the new wave fabulists issue -- that has Kelly Link story in it but I don't follow the magazine closely.

Hebdomeros said...

"My Pal The Undertaker" is a riot if you like the so bad it's good horror movies. Very Ed Wood in a lot of ways.

Yeah, I have new New Wave Fabulists issue. Very good one. I have 3 or 4 others and like them all. The new issue I just got also has Kelly Link. It'll be a little while before I get to it, though. The Kerouac book is time consuming (I'm much slower at reading non-fiction for some reason).