Pages

Monday, December 20, 2004

Can't Get Away from This Guy

Although I finished Whitley Strieber's book Transformation a few days ago, he keeps popping up in my life. Late Saturday night/early Sunday morning I was up reading and listening to my worldband radio. He was interviewed by the BBC on a recent rash of crop circles in the U.K.

And now I'm reading a review in the mystery column of Washington Post's Book World for a novel called The Invisible Woman by Anne Strieber. It's a straight mystery; no aliens whatsoever seem to appear in this book. Maybe there's a relation, maybe not.

Strieber's not too uncommon of a name, but I did some searching and quickly found her to be Whitley's wife. Apparently she also hosts an internet radio show on ESP and Psychic phenomenon, and writes a column on Whitley's website. The novel got a pretty mixed review in the Post, but hopefully this will give the Stribers enough cash so they don't have to keep spinning crazy theories to make a living.

In my own life, I got a rejection today for a horror story I sent out in early November. I'll poke at it over the next couple of days and get it back at there.

Excelsior.

4 comments:

LadyLitBlitzin said...

As for the rejection, don't let it get you down! Just get it back out there!!! :)

Hebdomeros said...

Oh, I will. I wasn't that happy with it when I sent it out, but I was sick of it. Now with some time away from it, and I see some small ways to improve. It'll be back out there right after the holidays.

LadyLitBlitzin said...

Awesome! I do know Stephen King suggests getting away from stories for a little while in order to see changes though... I'm just not so good at the "stick it in the drawer for three months before submitting" rule. (Er, unwritten rule, I guess. At least, King recommends it.)

Hebdomeros said...

Yeah, I believe in that policy as well. I don't always follow it, but I do believe in it.

Is that out of his writing book? Never read it, but I've heard good things about it.