Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Good Life

Today kicked off a week vacation from work, and I started things off by questing for my dad's birthday gift (happy b-day dad). I remember as kid that he watched the movies of The Thin Man on PBS. They've just been released on DVD, and I knew it would make a good gift for him. I started off by hitting Best Buy and Circuit City, neither of which of even had the DVD set in their system. Fortunately, Borders Books did. Unfortunately, the only store in the area that had one was out in Manassas, a good 40 minute drive from where I live. But I sucked it up since it's for the guy who taught me to ride a bike, kick a soccerball and drive. While there I also picked up the fiction issue for Atlantic Monthly and the newest issue of Cemetery Dance.

After I got home, I worked up a review for the newest Michael Moorcock book, which will be up here tomorrow, and I played around with some ideas for the story I started writing last week. Followed that up with a nice two-hour hike at nearby Burke Lake Park.

In other words, it was just a good day. Now if I my paying job could keep out the way, I could have a lot more of them. Is it bad that at 32, I'm ready to retire?

Excelsior.

No comments: