Pages

Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday Link-o-Rama

Area author/computer guy offers up a program called Fiction Fixer to help turn your prose into best-stelling fiction. I think Calvino had a story like that in If on a Winter's Night a Traveller.... And I think I also ripped it off for my grad school application. Thanks to Miss L for sending this one along.

USA Today reports on the rise of racy material in romance novels.

Grayson Perry of the London Times writes on innovative work vs. work within a tradition. My opinion: we need both, and the best work strikes a balance.

Can Hip Hop save contemporary theater?

Damon Wayans tries to trademark a certain word.


A new study shows that film critics often avoid writing negative reviews of movies they didn't like. As someone who reviews a lot of books for a few different mags, I can safely say it's not limited to movies and it's a often a policy of a publication to not run negative reviews at all.

No comments: