Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Moore Eno

Here's a pretty interesting if somewhat odd interview of Brian Eno conducted by author Alan Moore (best known for comic books like The Watchmen, Swamp Thing, and most recently The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen).

Maybe I'm a bit alone in this, but I've always been a bit of an Eno fan. Not all of his work excites me, but he has some great stuff out there.

My favorite quote:



Well, I just... actually, just finished a new album which is all songs, funnily enough... the first one I've done like that for a very long time. Twenty five years or so. Song writing is now actually the most difficult challenge in music. It's very easy to make music now. I just bought a synthesiser the other day... a plug-in synthesiser... the sounds are so complex that you can just sort of hold a note down and you've got an ambient album... y'know, as long as you can be bothered to keep your finger down for thirty five minutes. [general laughter].


There's also some good links to other info. The info on Oblique Strategies, a set of cards he created with painter Peter Schmidt to help stoke his creative fires, is interesting for all creative types.

Excelsior.

No comments: