Pages

Friday, May 27, 2005

Journals

I filled up my journal last night, which is always an interesting time. It usually forces me to flip back through the pages of the last few months and kind of re-live the major points, both high and low, and reflect a little on possible future events.

My first entry in the diary...dating November 1...details a number of places I sent stories to. Kind of reminder to me that I need to send out some gracious but questioning emails to some editors asking what the status is. I think I hit kind of mid-cycle on all the various publications. They all released new issues shortly at the start of the year, and my hope is they'll consider the pieces I sent for the next round. If not, though, I'd like to know. In the meantime, I need to shop for a new journal. I don't know why, but it always feels like a big decision to me. Do i spend the money and get a really nice, leatherbound notebook? Or do I go cheap, and just use one of the Mead Compostion Notebooks I have tucked away in my desk at home?

Still working up a review of sorts for the new issue of Tin House. I have mixed feelings about it overall, so it's been hard to create a cohesive review. I should have it up tomorrow or Sunday, though.

Happy weekend to everyone.

Excelsior.

1 comment:

LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yeah, I always thought it would be nice to have a really special journal but so many times in my life when I've decided to have a journal, it's just ended up being a spiral-bound (and very unsecure) notebook. Scary stuff...

I'm interested in what you have to say about the new Tin House. Since they're one of the journals that I seem to have a hard time thoroughly liking for oh so many reasons... ;)