Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Alive and Kicking

Yes, believe it or not, I am still alive. I won't go into the finer details of my illness, except to say that it was painful and that I'm glad it's over. At least for the time being. Thank you, everyone, for the good wishes. It was nice to see those in my mail box.

I started back at work over the weekend. It was the big fundraising gala for work, so I dragged newly unmedicated self in to help the cause. Although the days were long, it was kind of fun. I attended a party at the capital building on Saturday night, and I saw a few celebrities. Jeff Foxworthy looks exactly like you think he does, and he's extremely friendly. Gena Davis is uber-tall, and was all the more strident in her white pants suit. Hillary Duff was there as well with her entourage. She seemed very nice when the couple of youngsters in attendance approched her. In actuality, though, I had more fun just looking around the building. I hadn't been inside the Capital since I was a little kid, so I had a good time walking through the House and Senate, gazing at the portraits and statues.

It'll take me a little bit to get used to blogging again, but I have some reviews that will be going up over the next few days. I'll also be picking up new books to review tonight at the monthly magazine meeting, so I should have a lot to write on once I get rolling.

Hope everyone is doing well out there.

Excelsior.

2 comments:

Michele said...

I'm glad you're back and feeling better!

Hebdomeros said...

Thanks! That makes two of us!